WFO at Sebastian Inlet 4/23/2007

Discussion in 'East Coast - Saltwater Pier, Jetty & Harbor Report' started by Sinker, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

[​IMG]

Man it was a WFO Bite at the inlet tonight. Look at the second Bluefish from the top and the Bottom one. Notice part of their tail is missing. The bite was so crazy they were attacking each other, it was truly crazy. I even watched a guy pull his lure from the water and a Bluefish jumped into the air and hit the lure. It was NUTS.

I went about half way out on the North Jetty and started throwing an Iron - second cast FISH ON. Long Story short caught way to many Bluefish. My arms got tired so I had to go soak bait but caught fish then too.

I did lose 2 irons in the rocks though and couldn't get a legal Snook or Redfish to save my life.

Final Tally

- A bunch of Mullet that were given to me for bait
    - 20 or more Bluefish (kept 4 for shark fishing)
    - 2 over slot Redfish probably in the 20 to 25 pound range (a little smaller than the last one I posted but still over the slot limit)
    - 3 Snook, 2 over slot and 1 under

Why can't I catch a legal Redfish or Snook???

I brought my camera but had left the SD Card in my computer at home so only have pics of the fish after I got home and prepped them for the next outing. Would have liked to had pics of the Snook and Redfish, the Bluefish would have all looked the same though as they were all about the same size but a lot of fun to catch.

I did go try for some Sheepshead but had no luck with them.

I might just have to go back tomorrow and remember my camera and the SD Card so I can get some pics.

I LOVE trips like this one

2. Danimal

Danimal Well-Known Member

:eek:
    Congrats on a sweet day of fishing!!!!!

3. Surfdog

Surfdog Well-Known Member

23rd or 22nd

I was reading your post dated 4/23 and I noticed the date on my computer was 10:26 pm 4/22 I thought for a while what is wrong with my computer time/date stamp. Then I realized your on the other side of the nation, kind of threw me off for a while.

4. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

heheehe yeah we have a psychic forum

That would be cool, if it reported a skunk then we could just stay home

I never thought about the post time thing, interesting

5. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

Man I see the WSB and Yellowtails you land - WILD STUFF man and on a Kayak I can only imagine they must tow you around.

If I could swim I would get me one and try to catch those big Redfish and see if they could tow me around.

6. Carnivore

Carnivore Moderator

Glad someone caught fish.

7. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

Everybody was catching fish. Wish you could have been here Drew.

I should correct myself as I was not really throwing Irons they were D.A.R.T.S. Guess I was to tired to remember last night. Oh and YES I am already up. Kids will do that to ya, ya know. It's OK, they are worth it :)

8. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

I knew i SHOULD HAVE GONE AFTER i SPOKE TO YOU. i HAD A FEELING. DRATS.....

9. Anotherbite

Anotherbite Well-Known Member

Way to Go Tim!! Congrats!!

10. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

Bill I might head back out there tonight. Just afraid that after last night I won't catch anything this time ya know. Last night was epic and it wasn't just me.

Lots of people got legal snook but I just couldn't seem to. They were using live bait - greenies or threadfin I think. I got my Reds on Mullet but everything else came on lures.

By the time I finished having fun on the North Jetty the tide was coming in so couldn't do any shark fishing. If the boat traffic is minimal I may try tonight.

The fight just seems so unusually strong. I think it is because of the fish staying in the channel and the vast amount of water going through there. I haven't felt under gunned - well kinda did on the BIG Snook as it was on a spinning rod and pulled pretty good. It was pretty much shoulder to shoulder so wanted to keep my fish in check and in front of me.

The reds I caught on my Torium 30 and frankly they didn't have a chance.

I did get a little concerned as some of those folks just cast away never looking behind them, saw a few folks come real close to getting hooked.

Gabe - Bill - Let me know if you guys wanna go for a few hours tonight....

11. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

Don't think tonight either, I have to teach until 6 pm and dinner and home work. If a chance comes up I'm there.

12. FISHHEAD

FISHHEAD Well-Known Member

So you are saying it was WO enough for Drew to even catch one??? Damn that is WFO!

13. Danimal

Danimal Well-Known Member

I'll be trying my luck outta Destin mid May...Hopefully we can find some cobia or amberjacks....gotta do some research to find a place to rent a kayak.

14. Joey805

Joey805 Administrator

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: