Sebastian Inlet with the Captain

Discussion in 'East Coast - Saltwater Pier, Jetty & Harbor Report' started by Sinker, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

[​IMG]

As many of you know this past year has been pretty tough on my parents and their health. Well my Dad (CaptainSid) was finally feeling well enough to do a little fishing.

We headed off to Sebastian Inlet knowing that Snook season had just ended so figured the Jetty would be empty of fisherman.

Stopped by Whitey's for some bait (large live shrimp) and then went to the end of the Jetty.

Set up our gear and the Captain lovingly showed me that he is still the master and I am but his lowly student.

Seriously don't know what was more fun, the fishing and catching or just spending time with my Dad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ya know it wasn't but some 40 odd years ago that he had me out at a pier teaching me to fish and he still is. I'll get ya next time Dad.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
    #1 Sinker, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
  2. beacondawg

beacondawg Well-Known Member

dam sink,those are some PIG's.Glad to see your dad is still yoda and you are a young jedi. good to see family is well.

3. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

Very good to see you guys got out there. Wish I could have joined you but life is getting in the way to much lately. Hunting season has been different this year and very demanding. I would like to plan a trip soon. Great job Sid showing up the kid.

4. One_Leg

One_Leg Well-Known Member

'Grats on getting schooled by your Pop. Quality post. :rockon:

5. Anotherbite

Anotherbite Well-Known Member

Nice job Tim and Captain Sid!!

6. Carnivore

Carnivore Moderator

Tim went fishing....YYYYYAAAAAA....Lol. Great job. That first one is a real beast. Fish are better when they are so big they are hard to hold up hehehe.

7. SFRHoman

SFRHoman Well-Known Member

What an awesome post! Thanks for sharing Tim, looks like Capt. Sid is still schooling!

8. sfrjohn

sfrjohn Well-Known Member

Those are some toad Redfish, that's for sharing. Redfish are probably the main east coast fish I miss fishing for here on the west coast.

9. creekster

creekster Well-Known Member

I know this was a tough year for you Timmy. Hopefully this great trip will carry over to 2010.
    Nice to see cappy sticking some fish.
    creekster

10. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

Thanks Guys. Many of you have heard stories about my Dad, Brother and I on the water an fishing. My Dad took us all the time when we were kids teaching us how to fish and how to care for our environment and the ecosystem and the same time and let us know they were indeed tied together and should be an integral part of one another.

On this trip we did a lot of remembering of my little brother who had forgotten more about fishing before his death than I have ever known and the wonderful times we had shared on the water.

I look forward to many more enjoyable trips with my Dad and will try to start doing a better job of posting report here. Don't want ya all to think pineapple is the only one out here fishing heheehe.

11. Flipper

Flipper Moderator

wow, awesome! great pics tim & sid

12. sourcreamnjive

sourcreamnjive Well-Known Member

Thanx for sharing Tim, way to go Capt. Sid! Hey, atleast your posts come with big fish!

13. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

Joe, Sebastian Inlet holds some very big fish, Snook and Redfish are pretty common year round although this cold snap has hurt the Snook fishing. Two nights ago a buddy of mine landed a 6' Tarpon from the Jetty as well. The variety is good as well although I am still waiting on a flounder to hit my hook. Let me know if you ever get over this way and we will go - BTW - just got in 2 cases of shirts and hats, beanies and visors should not be far behind.

Check out these guys who went shark fishing and caught a 74" BlackTip Shark - Looks like something else came up and tried to have it for dinner, check out the chunk out of it's tail.

Attached Files:

14. sourcreamnjive

I can be in your area anytime...just call me and tell me what I need to bring!

15. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

Kinda like you - You need bring nothing as I have plenty but with that said. Rod and reel as I will bring live well and can make us lots of bucktails for us to use too. Windcheaters and 2 & 3 oz. spoons are good to have as well. I like 3/0 hooks and split shots up to 3oz egg sinkers for bait fishing.

My nephew is coming out from California on Thursday, we will fish a few times while he is here. Will probably put the camper on the truck so we can eat, drink, sleep fish and be merry :)

16. beacondawg

beacondawg Well-Known Member

post some pic's sink.

17. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

Yes I have to start posting my reports again, I slacked off pretty bad.

Might get in a trip before the end of the year and another right after it starts so stay tuned.

18. sourcreamnjive

When I went back to California for Hotrails funeral I also picked more toys...my cousin gave me a 12' aluminum and bought a kayak from Jeph422 have a fleet of stuff to use for my fishing.

Attached Files:

19. REZ

REZ Well-Known Member

Nice sinker!! some toads there!

20. sourcreamnjive

Tim,
    I've been researching the inlet are ya fishing north of opening at jetty or are ya crossing the bidge to the south side of inlet? Thinking bout going that way on the 27th....