Sebastian Inlet quick trip w/pics 10/15/2010

Discussion in 'East Coast - Saltwater Pier, Jetty & Harbor Report' started by Sinker, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

[​IMG]

Well my Dad CaptainSid was finally released from the hospital today after another heart surgery. With him home, resting and with my Mom I figured a quick trip was in order.

Hit Sebastian Inlet, bait was plentiful and even I was able to cast net my own bait.

Being that I was solo I didn't try to navigate the inlet for drifts but rather just anchored up and had some fun.

Not a very good picture and the water was dirty but here is a pic of the underwater lights.

[​IMG]

I hate to admit it but I caught a ton of Catfish (trash fish) to include the biggest two Sailcats I have ever caught. Seriously I must have caught over 20 of them which out here is nothing to brag about but almost rather an embarrassment.

I got NO Snook or Flounder which I was trying for. Did end up with three over size Redfish so had to let them go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this last one was a beast. The beam on my boat is 8'6" and the black open latch by its tail is the center line of the boat. I wanted a picture holding it but it wouldn't cooperate with me.

[​IMG]

Also got one Lady Fish and one Blue Fish but neither were anything special.

Heck it is even cool enough I wore pants instead of shorts.

Here are some bad pics of the boat after pulling her out of the water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jodi805

jodi805 Well-Known Member

the lites look great! that fish is hugh!!

3. Carnivore

Carnivore Moderator

Fantastic job you guys pulled out. Nothing like a run that produces fish on the first try.

Good to hear Capt S is out and doing well.