Sebastian Inlet ON FIRE - Fish & Sharks

Discussion in 'East Coast - Saltwater Pier, Jetty & Harbor Report' started by Sinker, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

[​IMG]

Sebastian Inlet On Fire

Catch the Bluefish for Shark Bait :eek:

Headed back down to Sebastian Inlet again. This time I went armed with a rod, reel and some lures. Very little for me as I am usually over prepared.

Got some 2oz. spoons rigged up, cast out and BIRD ON. Yup a bird dive bombed my spoon and ended up with a perfect hook set in its lip. Got her on deck, covered the birds eyes with a towel and then removed the hook. Released the bird, it ran away from me and then took some time and flew off. Was good to see it was OK.

So figured lets try this again. Cast out and FISH ON. YES it was another banner Bluefish bite at the inlet. That place has been on fire.

Well I figured I would again make shark bait. In no time I had a 5 gallon bucket full of fish and started throwing the ones I caught back as I had plenty.

Called up Twister, his brother-n-law was there so we figured he should come out for some fishing and to see if we could put him on a shark.

Bill gets there with his bro-n-law Bill (yeah two Bills) and his son Talon. Twister looks in my bucket and just starts laughing as it is full of fish. He gets his brother-n-law set up and himself, casts out and sure enough FISH ON. He let his son have the honors of reeling them in, I say THEM because there were a lot more fish caught between all of us. I probably had close to 50 for the night all pretty much like the one pictured.

[​IMG]

Well we took a few of our fish and put them to work as Shark Bait

[​IMG]

Hooked up the 6/0 reel and rod with some bait and a balloon and let it go.

Wasn't long and it was FISH ON, well, SHARK ON

[​IMG]

As planned we let Twisters brother-n-law have the honors of the fight and he successfully landed a Lemon Shark. Not huge but a nice catch non the less.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snapped a few pics then the Shark when back into the BIG pool to fight another day.

Loaded up again and got hit BIG TIME. A BIG BIG Shark that peeled a lot of line very quickly before cutting the bait in two and swimming off.

Well it is a week night and kids have school parents have work so headed home with the fish still biting.

Lots of fish, Lots of Fun and can't wait to do it again....

2. Danimal

Danimal Well-Known Member

sharkin on the jetty nice. WTGo

3. Joey805

Joey805 Administrator

You guys got it made out there.....

4. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

That was a total blast, I lit up big seeing my son reeling in the Blues. The shark was a true treat. Wish I could have seen the one that got away...Next time.

5. Bait Catcher

Bait Catcher Well-Known Member

NICE PICS GUYS, GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD NIGHT OUT !! WE ARE GOING TO TO HIT THE INLET SATERDAY MAYBE I'LL FINALLY GET MY SHARK !!

6. ODH33

ODH33 Moderator

sounds like fun

7. rav3n805

rav3n805 Well-Known Member

Thats nice shark, great job!:appl: :appl:

8. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

Remember you actually have to go to catch sharks. heheheehe:moon:

9. SoCalSteve

SoCalSteve Well-Known Member

way to hang some fish fellas! looks like you had a blast!

10. baitfish

baitfish Well-Known Member

Right on Tim! Sweet job on the shark! I could be wrong but it looks like that was pregnant or at the very least Gorged female, WTG on the release!

11. Corr

Corr Well-Known Member

Nice Sinker!

This is another species that I can recognise. Once prolific here, but now rather scarce and highly protected. Known as Shad and prized for eating and also bait. Bluefish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Keep fingers out of mouth is an important lesson I learned when I was about 13 and will never forget.:clap:

12. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

Adam - well fed is about right as the sharks and predator fish are out gorging themselves right now. It is like a free for all out there as it is a feeding frenzy. Possible on being pregnant as well as she is indeed large in the belly area but these sharks tend to be.

Corr - I wish we got the large ones down here. The larger fish are found normally North of here, a lot north like in the North East. Regardless they are a lot of fun to catch as they are so aggressive even when small like we catch.

Hey HOW COME I got your hat back? Didn't you want it? Let me know....

13. Anotherbite

Anotherbite Well-Known Member

Way to go guys!!

14. Corr

Corr Well-Known Member

The ones we get once in a blue moon are no more then 2-3 lb. I was very pleased with one of about 5lb I caught 3 years ago.

Didn't you forget to send it again:rofl: Maybe like a "senior" moment:rofl: or didn't write RSA on it:rofl: sorry:hug: ;)

I would prize it, but have no idea why it did not get here. Joe Pineapple is sending me a parcel again, is there not a hat in CA without an owner then he can just put it in the parcel?

15. Bait Catcher

Bait Catcher Well-Known Member

HAHA TWISTER - WELL WE WENT OUT YESTERDAY... NO SHARKS BUT I CAUGHT A FEW MANGROVE SNAPPERS ,2 JACKS AND OF COURSE , MY CATFISH CURSE TOOK OVER AND I GOT A FEW CATS... I'LL SEND PICS LATER. GOING BACK OUT IN A FEW FOR MORE JET SKI FISHING SINCE NOT 1 OF THE 6 BOATS MY LOVELY SANFORD AND SON HUSBAND HAS IS WORKING. HAHAHA