Sebastian inlet Flounder

Discussion in 'East Coast - Saltwater Pier, Jetty & Harbor Report' started by Twister, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

:D Saturday the 2nd. Got to the inlet by 7 am with a friend who came into town. We stopped and picked up some finger mullet on the way. Found a spot near my normal spot and rigged up a jig with strip of squid. First throw out bang, fish on. Got the flattie to the boat and of cource it was short. No worries that was a good sign. My friend Grant slings a finger mullet out and gets nailed quick but looses the fish. To make a long story short, we kept up that pace for the whole morning. I did see a 10 pounder caught just in front of me. Total for the day was 10 flounder, all of the m were 11 3/4" just under the 12 mark. Thats ok too. I know they are there. We saw a few Large Pompano on the flats with no luck there either. All in all a good morning. It was a shame I did not have Sinker to keep me warm but next time.

2. Carnivore

Carnivore Moderator

Cool thanks for the report but PICTURES!!!!! need to see fish LOL!!

3. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

Yeah Twister. Your wife got you a digital camera so that you could take pictures while fishing. From now on your reports must have pictures heheehe.

The BIG flounder are headed this way :eek:

4. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

ya, ya, ya, I did not even take it out of the box yet. Thanks mothers.

5. wavewalker

wavewalker Member

I fished that inlet a handfull of times and caught some nice reds but never had any luck with the flat ones. I haven't been down there in about eight years but remember seeing some big flounder being pulled out of the inlet. Here in NJ drifting with fresh "meat" (searobin or flounder belly strips) is the name of the game for flatties. If I remember correctly a lot of guys anchored around slack and fished the begining of the tide with live mullet. Is that how you guys do it or do you drift mainly? The current running through that inlet is impressive.

6. Bait Catcher

Bait Catcher Well-Known Member

AND THIS LITTLE SPOT WOULD BE ... WHERE ? I'M WITH SINKER ... PICTURES ?? WELL IF YOU'RE LIKE JOHN , I SAY
    YOU'RE JUST AFRAID :rofl: YOU'LL HAVE TO READ THE DIRECTIONS TO

USE THE CAMERA !!! HAHAHAHA