Quick Trip Sebastian Inlet

Discussion in 'East Coast - Saltwater Pier, Jetty & Harbor Report' started by Sinker, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

Had to run out and drop off some rods and reels in Sebastian last night so stopped by Twisters place, picked him up and went to Sebastian Inlet.

This trip was done knowing the the tides were wrong, time was wrong and gear was not what I would usually use but stuff I wanted to try out.

Got to the Inlet and had a Silver Spoon and Bucktail, Twister had a Storm Bait he was using - yup all we had was more of a trip to clear the mind than fish.

Headed to the end of the Jetty and had to listen to some bozo shooting off at the mouth about how he hates boaters. Don't think he was prepared for what he got from Twister and I.

Watched an awesome moon come up over the water and occasionally threw out our jigs, spent more time looking at the moon and talking than anything else.

Ended up on the phone with Bait Catcher when Twisters rod doubles over and the line starts to peel off his reel. Strong incoming tide made his fight all the more difficult. Bait Catcher was listening to the play by play while he fought the fish and we laughed at the line going off his reel after he would gain it. Had to get off the phone to work the net to get a nice FAT snook up on top of the Jetty.

Only had my cell phone so the pictures suck sorry.

A little later I connected with a home made Bucktail. I love catching fish on stuff I make. Anyway, another Snook but a smaller one than Twisters.

Goofed around a bit more before leaving visiting both cat walks only seeing one other fish caught.

Was a GREAT RELAXING NIGHT.

Attached Files:

2. rsonl541

rsonl541 Well-Known Member

Wow those are some nice fish.... off the jetty nice!!

3. rsonl541

Interesting......

How do you make homemade bucktails? What do you use?

4. beacondawg

beacondawg Well-Known Member

Well first off, you go out and catch a deer. Now it must be a male deer. "Hence the word buck." Now then after catching said deer, you wisper into his ear and tell him you want a piece of tail. "Hence the word Bucktail." now if said deer is will'n to give up some tail, ya got the game licked. After all said and done. The deer should do a "Jig". There you go you have a Buck tail Jig!

God I need to go fishin!!

5. Sinker

Sinker Moderator

I think the sun has been getting to beacondawg.

A buck tail is about the easiest of all to make I figure. You can either buy the Jig Head or make your own if you have the mold and pot for melting down lead.

I like using white as my main color with a red trailer down the back that is a bit longer.

I will post some pics of the ones I have made here in a bit. Got the Cable company coming to try and fix this terrible internet connection I have.

rsonl541 - what the heck you doing up so early for on a weekend - of course, must be getting ready to go fishing . . . . . .

6. rsonl541

Just wanted to walk the beach to throw some plastics.... dont know what im doing but always nice to spend a hour out there.... i have a wedding reception my mom needs help with getting back and forth... and carrying things so... I get up at 4:30 every morning so my body just wakes up by itself... It suck but hey what can I do :) its good because whn I go out to the lake I always get the morning bite :)

Thanks I have bought a couple of bucktail jigs... But I would like to learn as many aspects of fishing now that my mind is fresh :) Any help is great thankssss

7. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

lots of fun thanks for the company, see ya all next year...

8. Bait Catcher

Bait Catcher Well-Known Member

SO THAT'S WHAT ALL THE FUSS WAS OVER... DAMN TWISTER SOUNDED LIKE YOU HAD A MONSTER ON THERE. MUST HAVE BEEN YOU TRYING TO MANUVER THE ROCKS HAHAHA !! SERIOUSLY, SWEET CATCHES GUYS!!! I WENT OUT ON SUNDAY, HAD TO TRY OUT MY NEW SET UP THANKS TO SINKER !!!!! I LOVE IT, SWEET ASS CAST !!
    ALTHOUGH ALL I CAUGHT WAS THE FRIKIN @#$% SEAGULLS GOOD THING I DID NOT HAVE ACCESS TO A FIRE ARM AT THE TIME. I SO HATE THEM ANYWAY GOT PISSED OFF AND LEFT AFTER ABOUT 2 HOURS OF THAT CRAP. I'LL BE BACK OUT AS SOON AS THE COLD SNAP IS OVER. OMG THIS IS FLORIDA IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS COLD. I AM A 5 th. GENERATION KEY WESTER MY BLOOD IS VERY VERY THIN !!!!! HAHA