CUI Blanks

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Donfish, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Donfish

Donfish Well-Known Member

Just read the WON write up on these blanks and did a little research
    on them they look good on paper anyone see or use the 12 or 13' models yet or know where I can check them out at?

2. spoonplugger1

spoonplugger1 New Member

Why not go to their website and ask them who is their closest dealer to you?

3. Donfish

Ok Guys I have the scoop on them now. They are designed to take abuse cast long distance and pull on big fish.Have a local to me shop ordering up 20 or so and I have 8 in reserve for friends already in the 12-13' range. The more that are ordered the better the prices.They look to retail at $55-$65 for the 12' and 13' models. They are made of Phanalic glass like the old Trulines/Fishers/Connolines The more I can pre order the better the price on the first order.I won't make a cent on the deal but me and you can get a better deal on the final cost.Anyone looking for a 1 piece 12-13' CUI blank let me know and we can preorder more and save a few bux.CUI Products Division | Welcome

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
    #3 Donfish, Sep 1, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  4. bigreeler

bigreeler Well-Known Member

Hey Donfish I'm interested. I have a question how are you getting the price 55-65$. I talk to one of the owner Terry and told me retail on the 12ft is $31.00 and $41.00 for the 13fter. Shipping would be $80.00 up to 20 rods. Are you counting for shipping per rod?

5. Donfish

CUI has a retail price but it is not a true retail markup that shops can work with as the wholesale cost isn't much lower and the shop ordering them and stocking them has to account for shipping which is actually closer to $90 the prices I posted are a bit on the high side and can come down with more rods ordered wasn't gonna put up a low price to start if quantity can't be made.I am not the shop I'm just the guy tryin to get a few blanks out here and tryin to get them into some good hands.You can order them direct and start saving money at about 5 blanks.If 20 can be ordered the retail will probably be around $50 and $60.$41 x 5 +90/5=$59ea on the 13' The order is going in on Tues probably and could be here next weekend.Are you intrested in the 12' or 13'?
    Don

6. bigreeler

bigreeler Well-Known Member

DonFish pm sent

7. Earl Carlisle

Earl Carlisle New Member

I know this is a really old post, but does anyone still have the 12 ft cui blanks?

8. king mustang

king mustang Well-Known Member

I have used their 12' Meat hunter rods and cut them down to 10 ' and everyone that has bought one has had any issue with them.

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0265.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG