anything near "charthouse" with better parking?

Discussion in 'West Coast - Saltwater Surf Reports' started by JeremyTA, Aug 6, 2014.

1. JeremyTA

JeremyTA Well-Known Member

i've been hitting up the "chart house" lately with a little bit of luck(42" sngf) and even losing my saltist 30 to some mysterious creature..but if i come later in the day vs morning there is absolutely no parking to be had now a days..is there anywhere near by with better parking and closer bathrooms?:dunno:

2. pete j

pete j Well-Known Member

Wheres the chart house?

3. Bearfish

Bearfish Well-Known Member

PCH just south of Topanga Canyon in Malibu.

You can try a little further south ...like a 1/2 mile by the rocks. There is a porta potty and the beach is mostly rocks but fishable. I see people there all the time on my way to and from work. Ive seen people with bent rods and running down the beach with said bent rods. Im thinking there is something to be had there by the rocks out there.

Im hitting it up as soon as I can get the time and a day off during the week.
    Also the good thing is that since its rocky, thee are minimal beach goers there. PArking is about the same if you get there late, but if you grab a spot right where its legal to park first light....your golden for the day.

4. JeremyTA

pretty much where Topanga meets PCH

forgot to mention it isn't chart house anymore but i think ocean club or something.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    #4 JeremyTA, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  5. JeremyTA

like where the "chart house" rocks end?, there wasn't a single parking spot between topanga and where the rocks end but i will probably try there friday night around 8pm, if i don't see a porta john ill just move back towards the chart house.

6. Carnivore

Carnivore Moderator

Just on PCH and later in the "charthouse" parking lot after they close. PCH I think is only parking till 10:30 or 11 unless it has recently changed. I have been run out of there by CHP before, no ticket just PA system calling for us to leave. The rest of the places around there are parking for the businesses and houses only, tow away if you park and get caught. To many people park around there to use the beach so they watch it even at night like a hawk.

7. JeremyTA

never thought about after they close :notworthy: ill have to try that!

8. Bearfish

Bearfish Well-Known Member

Past the charthouse rocks....HALF MILE or so. You gotta get there early. OR wait it out until the beach goers split. I drive by every day around 7 ish and there is places to park AND fishemen fishing. Sign says no parking after 10 on the west side but I believe you can park on the other side no sweat. Ill check it tomorrow after I get off work to confirm.

9. JeremyTA

only took me 10 months but i finally did a recon trip last night to check if there are in fact restrooms out there and sure enough not 30 feet past the rock from chart house there are 2. right before the life guard tower. i will most likely be fishing there tomorrow evening to see what them there waters hold! thanks for the advice guys! hope it pays off.

10. Rip

Rip Well-Known Member

Sucks about your reel though.

11. JeremyTA

yeah it was a horrible feeling losing my favorite rod and reel.

12. JeremyTA

well that spot with the bathrooms is rocky as all hell and i may have broken my foot..gonna wait till monday for xrays but i did get to catch a fish!! my buddy was kind enough to cast out for me since i couldnt really walk on my foot but within 5 minutes i got this guy
    [​IMG]

also spoke with the people at Mastro's and they said the parking lot is open for use after business hours so 11pm is when they will allow fishing from their parking lot rocks