any 24hr spots for surf?

Discussion in 'West Coast - Saltwater Surf Reports' started by JeremyTA, Sep 4, 2014.

1. JeremyTA

JeremyTA Well-Known Member

anywhere from malibu to MDR open 24/7 for surf? the 100 mile round trip to ventura is killing me for night fishing.:blah:

2. bluejay

bluejay Member

i know this is an old question you posted, but i'm kinda wondering the same thing. planing to head out there tomorrow night.

btw, i saw your recent post with the bat ray...great catch!

3. pete j

pete j Well-Known Member

My brother and his buddy gar know that area well, Gars a insane fisher dude that knows all the hot spots very well. Ill ask my brother to ask him were to go and Ill let you know but no promises. I think my brother knows to but Ill find out and what happened with the bbq? cause me and my old lady would like to go to

4. Carnivore

Carnivore Moderator

I though Santa Monica pier was open 24/7. I have fished charthouse late in the nigh there just before Topanga Cyn road on PCH. Park in their parking lot unless it has changed and is marked with parking restrictions.

5. Terry C

Terry C Active Member

It is now Mastros Beach Club an upscale steakhouse might not be as cool as the Charthouse was with fisherman purely speculation though.

6. Carnivore

Carnivore Moderator

Ya I was by there this morning on PCH and was going to say something about the name change. I know I stop and have breakfast there in the parking lot but again no one is there at 8am. Thanks for the info.

7. ODOGFISH

ODOGFISH Well-Known Member

It's ILLEGAL at most if not all California Beach's to be on the beach after 10PM ... but their are a few beaches with camping ... so lets say you walked out to the beach while sleep walking with a rod & reel

good luck

8. Carnivore

Carnivore Moderator

Santa Monica peir is open 24 hours though you have to pay for parking. Beaches in Los Angeles are open from 5am to 12 am according to the LA municipal code. Not sure whether that counts fishing though...I would assume so.

Ventura country beaches other then state beaches are open 6am to 10pm with state beaches open till midnight unless posted otherwise.

Was at Mastros Beach Club today and though the signs in the parking lot say parking for the restaurant only it doesn't give any times....could be a point of argument if the police take issue with someone parking and fishing there.